Based on research, children who attend quality preschool most likely:
- maintain a positive attitude toward school;
- are ready to learn, have better grade retention;
- and are higher achievers on standardized reading and math tests in later years.
There are five subjects that Montessori Program covers:
- Sensorial Area: These specific activities focus on developing the child’s five senses. For example, using a sizing block with a board allows the child observe, compare, and make decisions. They develop visual distinguishing of height and size, and the ability to match a shape to its proper inlet.
- Language Area: The preschoolers learn how to recognize, and differentiate sounds as well as write. These activities would help the child develop their spoken, reading, and writing skills.
- Mathematical Area: The children learn how to recognize and count numbers as they develop a concept of the operations of number in an exciting and concrete experience through hands-on work, movement, and working in the group. As part of the Montessori education, as they progress they will become familiar with the decimal system and geometry as well as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. While children progress, the focus is stressed on more individualized and abstract work.
- Cultural Area: Cultural activities include history, geography, science, art, music, and movement. Learning about various cultures, the children develop their sense of belonging and significance in the world.
- Practical Life: This activity is prepared to help the children become responsible members of society. They learn and express a sense of order, independence, and respect for others as well as for the environment. It also helps them to refine their concentration and hand-eye coordination. The Montessori Practical life shelves are full of activities to reinforce pouring, cutting, spooning, tonging, dusting, sweeping, napkin folding, mixing colours, making bubbles, using locks and keys, using a whisk, etc.
Click here to see a bit of what we do in our programs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/164_TmicQxxPH9Y0gLh_4dAj19TKTV8bK/view
We would love to have your preschooler join us in class! For your inquiries, you may contact 604-496-5115.