“GCA Enrichment Centre serves school age children (kindergarten to grade 6) who require care outside normal school hours”. The definition of care here is “to meet the needs of these school-age children either physically, intellectually or mentally”. In line with our policies and procedures for our existing license, we believe that our facility is a place where responsible and certified adults can ensure the children’s safety by caring and giving them equal opportunities to grow in every capacity that they have. We are aware that children have different needs according to the stages they are in. In this specific type of service called “before and after school care”, they need a well-prepared environment, facilities, and a safe secure place where they can go to on a regular basis when schools are not in session.
Time gaps before and after school hours can be a challenge to parents/guardians who have to work long hours, and at the same time they can be lonely, unsafe, and boring to the children. Therefore, the staff at GCA Enrichment Centre would like to collaborate with parents/guardians to make sure that even during these time gaps, the children still get the opportunity to be active, have fun, develop their confidence, learn healthy behaviours and still develop academically. It also gives parents/guardians peace of mind that their children are safe as they develop in many areas.
We also offer care during Winter/Spring Break and Pro-D Day. This most likely includes a Field Trip (Rock Wall Climbing, Soccer, etc.)
We provide drops-off and pick up students to and from Elementary Schools. Since the inquiries are beyond our maximum capacity we have to limit the schools to only from Mary Jane Shanon, Riverdale, and Forsyth Road. The kindergarten children from Mary Jane Shanon will be picked up and brought to our old campus GCA Montessori at #201A 14410 108th Ave.
We have different programs for any school closure, including: Pro-D days, and Winter, Spring and Summer Break.
- September 30 (Pro-D Day): “I Can Cook”
- October 14: Thanksgiving Day – Holiday
- October 25: Pro-D Day – Aldor Acres Pumpkin Patch
- November 8: Pro-D Day – “Heroes.”
- November 11: Remembrance Day (Stat Holiday)
- December 6: Christmas Concert
- December 23, 2019 – January 3, 2020 (Winter Break): Theme “New Year Plan”
- January 6: Schools Reopen after winter break
- January 17, 2020: Family Day
- Feb. 21, 2019 (Pro D Day): Theme “Love is Contagious.”
- March 16 – 20, 2019 (Spring Break): Theme “Learning About Growth”
- March 23 – 27, 2020 (School Closure): Theme “Colours in Flowers”
- GCA CLOSED on GOOD FRIDAY, April 10, 2020
- GCA CLOSED on EASTER MONDAY, April 13, 2020
- May 1 (Pro-D Day): Theme “Science Behind Spring”
- May 18, 2020: Victoria Day
- May 25 (Pro-D Day): Theme “My Talent”
July: SUMMER CAMP:
Week 1: Fun Games in the Summer.”
Week 2: Summer Heat
Week 3: Blazing Sun
Week 4: Summer and Beaches
August: SUMMER CAMP:
Week 1: I Can Cook Camp
Week 2: Art Camp
Week 3: Science Camp
Week 4: Entrepreneurship Camp
Registration will start 2 weeks before any of the breaks,
To show your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to provide you with further information.
Click here to see a bit of what we do in our programs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dJcrY0EEm4_WTAbl4K6d4kB0XDMSBDrg/view