“GCA Montessori serves school age children (kindergarten to grade 6) who require care outside normal school hours.” The definition of care here is “to meet the need of these school-age children either physically, intellectually or mentally.” In line with our policies and procedures for our existing license, we believe that our facility should be a place where responsible and certified adults can ensure the children’s safety by caring and giving them equal opportunities to grow in every capacity that they have. We are aware that children have different needs according to the stages they are in. In this specific type of service called “before and after school care”, they need well-prepared environment, facility, a safe secure places where they can go to on a regular basis when schools are not in session.
Time gaps before and after school hours can be a challenge to parents/guardians who have to work long hours, and at the same time, lonely, unsafe and boring to the children. Therefore, the staff at GCA MONTESSORI would like to collaborate with the parents/guardians to make sure that even in those time gaps, the children still get the opportunities to be active, have fun, develop confidence, learning healthy behavior and still strive academically. It also gives parents/guardians peace of mind that their children are safe as they develop in many areas.
We also offer care during Winter/Spring Break and Pro-D-Day, most likely includes a Field Trip, Rock Wall Climbing, Soccer, etc.
We provide drops-off and pick up from Mary Jane Shanon, Riverdale, Holly, Forsyth Road, Ellendale, Hjorth Road. (Please let me know if you have other request).
We have different programs for Any School Closer Such as
- October 19: Pro D Day – Pumpkin Patch – Kraus Berry Farm
- November 9: Pro D Day – “Heroes.”
- December 7: Christmas Concert
- Dec. 24, 2018 – January 4, 2019: Winter Break, “Exploring Colours”
- Feb. 22, 2019: Pro D Day, “Planting Seeds.
- March 18 – 29, 2019: Spring Break: “The Ancient Egypt.”
- March 22, 2019: Field Trip to SFU: “SCIENCE IN ACTION”,
- April 8: Pro D Day: “Hawaiian Hullabaloo.”
- GCA CLOSED on EASTER MONDAY, April 22, 2019
- May 3, 2019: Pro D Day: “Reptiles and Amphibians.”
- May 27, 2019: Pro D Day “Renaissance.”
- June 28 – July 31: SUMMER BREAK 1, “Under the Big Top.”
- August 1 – August 30: SUMMER BREAK 2: “Fit and Fitness.”
Registration will start 2 weeks before any of the breaks,
To learn more, give us a call at 604-496-5115. We would be happy to provide you with further information.